Friday, March 13, 2009

Craigslist is good for the earth. Not so good for newspapers.

We're moving out of our current Southern Mansion in a couple of weeks, so we've been cleaning out some of the stuff Dr. Wife MD and I don't use anymore (or stuff the kids have grown out of). Craigslist has allowed us to find new homes for most of the things, so that we're doing our part to reduce waste and allow other people to reuse stuff.


As an old newspaper guy, I'm sad to see that Craigslist is singlehandedly killing newspapers by destroying their classified ad business. I'm not so sad to boycott Craigslist, considering it can save me a few pennies. Hell, Dr. Wife MD and I sold our house in VT on it.


Oh, one other piece of advice. If you sell your jogging stroller online, don't let the kids see when the buyer comes to pick it up. I learned this one the hard way.